The U.S. Congress is considering passing a resolution about the Bytyqi case. Passing it would send a very strong signal to the Serbian government – one that they would care deeply about. Here’s how you can help!
- Read the resolution – H.Con.Res. 32
- If you don’t know, look up your member of the House of Representatives
- Call them! You can call Congress’ main switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask to speak to your member of congress. Or look up your member’s direct number here. Experience shows that these calls matter! Congress takes your calls much more seriously than emails or petitions (though those help too).
Here are some suggested talking points:
- I’m ____ and I live in _____.
- I don’t believe that any foreign government should be able to get away with murdering three American citizens.
- That is why I would like Congressman/Congresswoman _______ to co-sponsor H.Con.Res. 32.
- This would send a strong message to Serbia that it cannot get away with murdering Americans and covering it up.
- I hope you will push this issue and H.Con.Res. 32 until justice is served! Thank you.
Then tell us how it goes by tweeting us @BytyqiBrothers